Sunday, January 02, 2005

New Year's Reflection

Ahh, the new year. I find as I get older, time goes by so much faster. Which can be good if life is dull, bad when you start to feel damn old.

Having New Years "Resolutions" isn't politically correct anymore. Kind of like saying "Happy Holidays" versus "Merry Christmas, " which of course makes sense since not everyone is Christian/Catholic-whatever. I actually saw a show on the news about people who want to bring back "Merry Christmas" and were protesting stores like Macy's for saying "Happy Holidays" instead. I think shit disturbers like those have way to much free time on their hands. But, I digress...

It doesn't seem appropriate to say "Resoultions" anymore because it is believed that they will automatically be broken. The new catch phrase for New Years is "Goals" or something along those lines. Whatever. It still gives me a false sense of order and control over my life to belive that the new year wipes the slate clean and I can make positive changes. I can delude myself into thinking that I will spend less money, lose weight, work hard and party less...but then what would I aspire to have as goals for next year?

1 Comments:

At 1/04/2005 3:02 AM, Blogger Jezzka said...

Howdi, thanks for sending me your blog link. You inspired me to start me own. Follow I will, lalalala. I'll send you the link, and you can check out my rants too...

:)
Happy Holidays - I say be apart of the X-MAS Resistance - no one need more crap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home