Monday, February 07, 2005

Mars/Venus, Yin/Yang, Tomato/Tomato

I never really bought into the whole "men and women think completely different" thing. My best friend is a guy, I have lot's of guy friends. I pretty much thought I knew how they think, and in turn could relate. Of course, that's a generalization. Every individual is different. I've been coming to realize lately, that I have no idea what the hell men believe. Women are much more "relational." We ask questions. Lots and lots of questions. Probably to the point of annoyance. We also over analyze things (although this one can carry over to the male populous, depending on the individual). I know for a fact that I am overly logical, compared to my "feeling" sisters. I spend 15 minutes with someone, and I know where they work, what they do, hobbies, kin, where they live, etc. In turn, they probably know way more about me than they wanted to. I'm a strong believer in communication. I just don't see it with guys. Getting info from them can be like pulling teeth.

Miscommunication is way too rampant these days. I'm also always luring myself into a false sense of "okayness." If I do get into it with someone, and all seems to be resolved, I often replay the scenario in my head, and realize that I'm really not ok. "I should've said this!" "But that doesn't make sense!" It's exhausting! And, one thing I do know about guys is that they don't want to drag junk out any further than necessary if they don't have to. Right? I also believe the whole notion of guys being unemotional is bullshit. The difference is how we all deal at the time.

Of course, this particular post probably makes absolutely no sense to anyone. I mean, what do I know about how men and women think? I can't even figure out what the hell I am trying to convey in this damn post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home