Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Paris: It's the Cheese!


And the wine, and the coffee, and the macaroons, and the chocolate....

Paris is fantastic as always-I ate my weight in cheese, wine, chocolate and macaroons, or didn't you gather from the above? All the walking is doing quite a number on the feet, but I gimp along with pleasure to experience the culture and sites.

The Eurostar was a bit of an adventure. We didn't realize that you are assigned exact seats and car numbers, despite that it was printed on the ticket. So, among the bumrush to board, we aimed for the last car and parked our bags in one of the few slots available and our asses in a couple of seats. As we made our stops, we realized that those boarding would require their assigned seats, so we made our way to our designated car, which was, oh yes..at the front-about 20 cars ahead. Tripping over bags and drunken Frenchmen, we ping-ponged our way to the seats, hauling ass back to our baggage storage once arriving in lovely Paris.

Parisian Metro is also quite the adventure. Not the polite, adequate open-door timing of the spotless London tube. Buddy managed to get caught twice in the doors, while I repeatedly hurled my bag and body through the turnstyle before the barricade locked. Bruised legs and bruised ego. And no matter where I stood, I was in the way-along with any and everybody else.

Buddy and I are getting on eachothers nerves a bit, but I suppose that´s to be expected when in constant close quarters with someone for 13 days straight. Our 10+ year friendship has weathered greater challenges, and in the end, we laugh more than anything else.

Haven't really thought at all about work much, which is great. The days before my departure were pretty hellish, aside from the birthday fun. Except now I want a job that enables travel. Everytime, I am inspired by all that is out there to see and get claustrophobic thinking about confining myself to 7x7 SF.

Ladytron was fantastic up in Pigalle, although I think we have permanent lung damage from the amount of smoke inhaled during the show. Not once, but twice did we have the pleasure of witnessing a dude climb onto the shoulders of another, sweaty and barechested as he whipped his shirt above his head like he was riding a bull.

We got drunk on wine and cheese eveyday. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous, with the exception of one day.

Off to Barcelona on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home