Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Time is a Mental Construct

So, it's February. I miss blogging, but felt I needed to take a step back and evaluate a few things in life. Blog posts were becoming rage-filled tangents or included too much chronicles of drunken antics. I was leading up to a "When the laughter stopped" D True Hollywood Story episode.

I've been taking a course through UCSF's Osher Center for Intergrative Medicine called Mindful Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). So far it's been a very interesting process.

On New Years Day I had an epiphany of sorts and found myself truly in the moment. The moments were both very good and very bad, but I knew it was an amazing place to be. The point is not to live for the moment, but truly accept and acknowledge whatever the experience is while it is happening. Anyway-when you are conditioned to react to stress verses respond like me, it is definitely a challenge to change life long habits. I have good days and bad. Sometimes I can incorporate many elements of the practice, sometimes just a few, and sometimes none. I suppose I can just take it moment by moment. Now don't worry-there will be many more rants, raves and recitings of the shenanigans to come, but I like to refocus every so often. I guess it depends on what I'm feeling..in the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home