Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Illin' in SF

My immune system is for shit. This is at least the 3x I've been sick in 6 months. I felt it coming on all last week, convincing myself it was allergies. Until..Sunday, the sore throat appeared. I still thought I could beat it. I drank airborne, water, tea. I took vitamins, aspirin-you name it. I even stayed home, slept for like 12 hours and barely moved all day. I thought I had it licked. Then...this morning...it had progressed to the full sore throat, annoying nasal drip and earache. I know I can still can keep it at bay. I know I can!

All my friends have been ill. Many with fevers, pink eye, stomach flu-the worst of it. Deep in my subconscious, I guess knew I'd get it. Could that be what did me in? How the germs slipped by? You can have a massive wall of protection-or in this case-denial. But the smallest crack in the right spot can take it all down. The virus knew it was a bluff and called me out.

SIGH. Now I'm in my own hell. Stuck in my apt on a beautiful day. Nothing to do. No way to shut off my brain. I've never been a yoga fan. Meditation never my thing. I guess I'll keep hounding my friends at work though email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home