Saturday, April 23, 2005

Ring a ding ding

So, I actually did it. I'm one of them. The same people I laugh at, have cursed at, and nearly threw stuff at. Yes...I rode the "Party Cable Car." We were sure to avoid the Mission for fear that people would do all those things I mentioned above. I was sure to suggest the Marina, North Beach and such since they are used to sites like ours. Drunk, high and yelling at passerbys, our party toasted to our youth on board a motor-run cable car. But you know, it was fun. We started to get a little green as we headed out towards the Palace of Fine Arts. We never got off, except for an occassional bar hop or unless the boys had to take a leak in the bushes. That is my one envy of man. The ease in which they can urinate in semi-public space.

But back to my story. Despite being ill, I went out and celebrated my friend's birthday. It only cost me my voice and probably a slight extension of my illness, maybe some self respect. But birthdays are special. It is the one special day to appreciate being alive and our place in the world-and have all your loved ones do the same. Make a wish, have a drink, share a laugh, and ring the bell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home