Thursday, July 28, 2005

Little Napoleon


I've been called worse. Actually, I take it as a compliment. Afterall, he was a pint-sized powerhouse...ok...and maybe a bit of a dictator. I needed to channel my inner Napoleon during this week of work hell. I got into a yelling match with my former boss (note the "former"). He can't seem to get it that I make decisions and he does need to answer to me with regard to certain things. Like a few men I've known, his voice gets all high pitch when he's arguing and his eyes manage to both bug and squint at the same time. How's that for an image?

Anyway, a few members from the "goodfella" side of my family are visiting this weekend. Those visits usually involve high quantities of food and alcohol abuse. I may stay away. I've been behaving myself in those areas this past month. Plus, one of the "platinum" members of the family is getting hitched this September, so the hoard will be out. Weddings in my family usual consist of a 5 minute ceremony (do you? yeah, do you? yeah), followed by a 5 hour booze fest. Some past antics have included fistfights and spills on the dance floor, and it's the only time aside from visiting the Castro district on Halloween that you see the men wearing more hairspray and jewelry than the women. Ah, good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home