Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Lessons learned? Not so much

You can always tell true San Franciscans apart from the rest of the masses on a beautiful day. First of all, no one has a real pair of shorts. They are more like cut-offs, or some kind of cargo pant that is rolled up to the knee. Dolores Park had pasty skin as far as the eye could see and it seemed as those everyone out and about was both sunburned and drunk. Good times.

I had a great weekend. I felt like I was on vacation, which if you've read any of the earlier blogs-hasn't gone too well as of late. The weather was beautiful and I spent lots of time outside. I never really believed I was stubborn, but as I get older, I am more willing to admit these faults about myself, even if they are far and few (ok, dry your tears from laughing and keep reading). I refused to wear sunscreen or sit in the shade and as a result, suffered through the night as my skin sizzled with a bitch of sunburn. People always tell me I look "healthy" when I'm red and crispy. I suppose the pasty specter look isn't all that "in" unless you are goth or something. So, despite the burn, it was relaxing and well deserved. A week trapped inside this freezing stone building where I work should give me ample time to heal-ready for another long weekend where I can spend another day basking in nature. And, no-I probably won't wear sunscreen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home