Sunday, May 01, 2005

Speak no evil...

Ugh! So, my flu wasn't as mellow as I thought. I lost my voice for 6 days-and I mean lost it. Funny though, I still kept talking as if words were coming out of my mouth or as if a speech bubble formed above my head like in the comics and people could read what I said (uhh, no, I am not on meds right now). I thought I'd have sexy, raspy voice like Kathleen Turner and as a joke, changed my greeting messages only to find that I sounded horrible, if not manish, and couldn't change it back because my voice got worse.

Yesterday was the first day I could almost form complete sentences and not get totally winded as I forced the air out to speak. Who me stubborn? People keep telling me to go to the doctor, not talk for a full day, etc. I mean, do these people fucking know me? Me not talking is like President George W. forming a coherent and intelligent thought all on his own...not likely. And who the hell wants to choke down antibiotics-getting nauseous, not eat dairy and pee yellow?

So, the road to recovery hasn't been easy. I'm so done, having gotten various nasty versions of the flu 3x in 6 months! I have a quite bit of yakking to make up for. My mime-ish version of speech just didn't cut it. Oh, I pity my friends as I recover. Maybe the next post should be hear no evil...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home