Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 3: At least the "Thinker" got to sit

I decided to make breakfast at the apartment (in an attempt to save money since a diet coke costs an average of $3 euro or about $4 American). Only one burner worked and the milk I bought had turned to lumpy mush overnight. The showers is Europe have improved in the way that at least you can stand and take a shower, not just rinse in a bath, but they still love to use the removable shower head (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but there's a time and place for everything).

Luckily, we got an early start and after fueling up with espresso (not "to-go") we hoofed it over to the Rodin museum. I took a few photos of my favorite pieces. The girl in the hat was a claylike-reddish color and one of his lesser known, but more dramatic pieces.
The foot pain began as we walked to the museum (ironically past the Palace de Invalides), walked through the museum, walked through the gardens, and walked back to the apartment later. Despite eating French macaroons (soooooo goood), gourmet chocolates, fresh bread and full-fat milk everyday (we'll get to the pasta and gellato in Rome later), I managed to lose weight on this trip, I assume to all the walking, never breaking a sweat due to the frosty winds, rain and cold.


I am adding this in because I remember going, but am confused which day. We went to the Isle St. Louis, which is where the rich and swanky reside. It's an island on the river next to Notre Dame and the Isle Le Citie (uhh, I think that's right). Anyway, it's full of beautiful little shops (and one of the hottest men I've ever seen working in a artisan chocolatier-two of my favorite things) and the world famous ice creamery, which we were sure to indulge in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home