Sunday, March 12, 2006

When in Rome

This will be quick and dirty for now, probably full of misspellings since my screen is in Italian. After a two day hunt, I am sitting in an internet cafe in beautiful Rome. This is an AMAZING city, full of energy, history and beautiful people. Paris is fantastic as well. It's been fucking cold, raining non-stop in Paris. Rome gave us a lovely day (with some powerful winds) today. My first night in Paris was great-cute little hotel-great Cafe Au'laits. The apartment is ok-the Eiffel tower is pretty much outside our door. In Rome, ehe apartment (or as we refer to it as "the Cave") is a dump. But, all the more reason to stay outside among the hustle and bustle of the city. Europe is expensive and I do miss the convieneces of home (the term coffee "to go" isn't used much, cooking in the apartment is challenging, my hair so does not like the soft water and do they have to put extra butter, fat and creme on EVERYTHING? But who's complaining? The produce is vibrant shades of color and so fresh. The coffe is so good, you don't need sugar, and walking is a pleasure because the city is so beautiful to look at.

More detail to come upon return. Love to friends and family. If I'm lucky, I'll be sporting a madonnapsudo-Euro accent when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home