Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A time of peace


I love the fall. I think Autumn is my favorite season, not just for the weather but the food-giddyup! But back to my point. There's something about the air and light that is so peaceful. I had a few odd habits growing up. I used to sit on my covered porch when it would rain and read with some tea. It was the only way I could turn off my brain and just be. My favorite times of the day are right when the sun rises (which I always miss due to the sandman dosing me in the wee hours of the am) and right when the sun starts to set in the eve. If it's a cool and clear day, the air has a crisp and fresh smell, the light is soft but bright, and there are a few seconds when there is no urban noise and all you can hear are the leaves lightly rustling. I really try to focus during these few minutes-as the dim orange light shimmers through the leaves of a tree-looking at the details that we never notice from day-to-day. Fall is a magical time for a reason. The wiccans had it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home