Monday, April 03, 2006

DAY 6: We came, we saw, I cried

Escaping "The Cave," we ventured out for yummy cappuccinos on a quest to see the historic ruins. We as we walked we turned the corner I saw it and my eyes teared up (although that could have been from the wind and dirt pelting my face). I don't care if it's a total tourist site, been over publicized, etc. The Coliseum is magnificent especially you it register how old and significant it is in history.

I did not deface this relic thank you. There was a chunk on the ground, already dislodged which I took home.



These I believe we the ruins of Apollo's temple.
The vendors all sell pretty much the same stuff (think Fisherman's Wharf and the cable car cache). I haggled him down for a rosary made from crushed roses in a container with the Pope's face on it. I gave it to the one catholic I know who could also appreciate it's campy value. It was either that or a mock Greek statue with overly accentuated buttocks (which he also would have appreciated I'm sure!).

We decided to take the double decker hop on and off bus. Tourist fools you say? Well, it was the best way to see every site and transport around town. The usual evening of internet cafe and gellato followed. Then back to "the cave" to soak our feet and rest in preparation of the next day's visual buffet of delights (men, food, retail, relics-whatever!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home