Friday, April 28, 2006

Temporary Bliss

Though my travels were far from "vacation-like" in the sense that there was no pool lounging, tropical drink sipping, cabin boy servicing, spa treating activity, it was an amazing cerebral adventure. Whenever I go on trips like that, I'm sad to return and eager to resubmerge myself back into the culture.

Being home was relaxing through the weekend. Then, my life blew apart all over again as work stress, health issues, home turmoil and pretty much everything else reared it's ugly face again. It's been a tough year to say the least and even my acupuncturist said I was definitely being "challenged" by the universe.

So many little things have been going on, so I'll summarize some of the more interesting, if not unusual experiences. I've seen a ton of music over the last two years and some great art as well. Went to an absinthe party-the invite stated "dark cabaret," which was tough because my rib-crushing corset and top hat are at the dry cleaners. So, I opted for more of a "velvet goth" look, sans the riding crop (and, yes I do have one). The event was kind of "burning man" meets "david lynch" and while I appreciate the romaticism and danger of tasting absinthe, I switched over to my usual whiskey and soda pretty quick. Gut-rot comes in many forms, but I'd prefer it to taste good going down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home